HMED – Heater Mason Education & Development Program
The MHA’s Education committee unveiled a new education program at the annual business meeting. Aside from helping to fulfill the MHA’s mission statement, the following objectives were identified:
- to provide an education program that starts with basic information and skills training, before progressing in a logical order of delivery
- to establish a standard curriculum that can be delivered wherever appropriate facilities are available
- to provide additional opportunities for certified members to acquire CEUs, other than at site-built heater locations
- to expose potential new members to the masonry heater field in a local facility, rather than just the AGM
- to take the pressure off the AGM organizers to provide a full scope of heater information during scheduled workshops
- to promote safe building practices amongst everyone interested in masonry heaters
Using the above statements as a guide, the education committee has developed a curriculum and appointed Jerry Frisch as the lead instructor. Even though the curriculum will undergo changes from time to time, here is a link to the initial curriculum of Level 1, modules 1 & 2.
- Sept.17th – Sept. 20th in Perth, Ontario
- Nov. 04 – 07 in Shutesbury, Massachusetts
More locations to be announced.
For more information, please contact the MHA office.