APRIL 14 – 20, 2014
Cost: $425 per person (Includes lodging, meals, seminars & workshops.Not included: HMED class and NFI Certification Class)
Location: Wildacres – Little Switzerland, NC
A Summary of Activities at the AGM
– Business meeting with committee updates, including N.S.P.S.
– Jerry Frisch Award
- The Kachelofen – It’s History, Functionality and Construction by Jessica Steinhauser and Mario Zauner.
- Domestic Hot Water Installation by Joe Copeland
- “A Most Unique & Challenging Heater Build” by Jerry Frisch
- Masons On A Mission by Pat Manley
Plus other seminars still being worked on
– Educational Classes:
- Masonry Heater Basics and Theory – HMED class
- National Fireplace Institute Certification in Wood Fired Appliances
- Basic and Advanced Sketchup Classes
- Bricklaying Clinic
- Construction of a pizza bake oven
- Kachelofen Construction
- Masonry heater with domestic water & testing
- Finnish Contraflow construction for the beginner
– Mini Clinics:
- Door install
- Damper installs
- Chimney connections
- Finishes – Brick and Stucco
– Annual Auction
– Fiesta de Pizza (pizza party)
– Design contest for masonry heaters, bake ovens and masonry projects:
Design contest rules
- Membership Application/Renewal Form – provides easy way to renew membership and register for the AGM at the same time. Membership is a prerequisite for attendance.
- Membership – Benefits, Types & Dues
- AGM Registration Form (for members who have renewed their membership and want only to sign up for the AGM) – coming soon!